Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Punch Bow

...supplies do'in double duty...


   Some time ago I bought the  "We R Memory Keeper's Envelope Punch Board." Since I make mail art every month, I thought that I would be using it a lot. However, it's not the case. It's not because it doesn't work well. It works just fine. I guess I'm just stuck in my own habit of how I usually make envelopes. I do use the corner rounder that is built in quite a bit, but I'm determined to get more use out of this punch board. I have a mental bucket list in my head of things to try out. One of them is to make bows with it. I can check off one item from my list. :)





Above is the punch board that I am speaking of. Some peeps have The Stamp'in Up version. They are the same thing, just packaged differently. 

Besides the punch board, you really don't need much to make these adorable bows. In fact, it's a good way to use up scraps of paper


You will need a strip of paper that is 1 inch by 6 inches. Another strip that is 1 inch by 3 1/2 inches. A tiny scrap that is approximately a 1/4 inch in width and an inch long. That last strip doesn't need to be too accurate. I've even changed it up a bit. Other than that, you will need glue or glue dots and a bone folder.

I could type out the instructions, but here's a video that I watched, to learn how it's done. The video is by Brianna Thompson via YouTube

Check out her video and make a bunch of fun little bows....They are so addicting! Imagine using Gelli printed pages. :)






2 comments:

  1. They are lovelly. The blue one with brown are my faverite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great use of this tool! Those little paper bows are adorable!

    ReplyDelete