Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Shop'in With Mom

...I almost couldn't keep up...


    My parents are here for their usual Thanksgiving visit. When they are here things get really busy around my house. Most of it is because of my mom. She loves the Asian markets that only take about a half hour to get to over here. Up in Washington state, it takes them two and a half hours to get to their favorite market.    Yesterday we got out early and made our way over to 99 Ranch. It was also a bonus for me, because my son drove! Most times I'm driving, so I don't get to look around. 


The produce always looks so tempting. You can get your usual goods, but mixed in are some more exotic items. I wish I could show you more of the most interesting things, but taking pictures in such places is considered bad luck. (I had to snap quickly!)


So many Aloe drinks! I do enjoy an Aloe drink once in a while. They come in a myriad of flavors. Tea, Lychee, Strawberry, Guava...my favorite is coconut. :)

Besides all of the grocery items, there are pretty things for your home....



I Have to hold back buying dishes. I love them all, but I've got no more space! 




I used to grow Orchids so easily back home in Hawaii...however, I don't seem to have any luck growing them here in California. Such a bummer, because aren't they gorgeous?!

My mom was elated because she was the first in line to get the fresh roast pork. I swear I heard a choir singing in the background when they brought the roast out from the kitchen. (They do a whole pig everyday.)  My mom did a little hop and silently clapped her hands! LOL! It cracks me up to think about it! Although my mom visits once or twice a year, the butcher remembers her and gives her a break on her final order. He also asks her specifically what parts she wants. ...In fact, she always seems to have good luck with getting the deals. My mom also did some ordering at their Dim Sum bar. She had ten orders, but the lady said I'll charge you for eight. Anyhoot, it was nice to see my mom so excited about her purchases....and cute to see my mom handing my dad some goodies when we got home, saying that she got some of his favorites. :) 




3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun day to share with your mom...I would "hop & clap" too if I were getting first crack at that fresh roast pork, my mouth is watering just thinking about it!!
    Keep making those memories... Happy Thanksgiving to you all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like your mom hit the jackpot! And even Dad benefited. (lol) I love going to places like that. Enjoy your Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! Hope you have a Happy Thanksgivings too. :)

    ReplyDelete