Monday, December 1, 2014

Coconut Macaroons!

...'Tis the season to bake...


    My baking sessions have begun! I'm starting off with my parent's favorites. I made 4 different kinds of cookies and 8 batches! All together they looked like a small mountain of cookies! Here they are...




From left to right I have, Coconut Macaroons, Cranberry & White Chocolate, Gingerbread and Cranberry Shortbread. 




It's my first try with the Coconut Macaroons. They are SO easy to make! I found the recipe on Pinterest. it goes like this...

Ingredients:
4 large egg whites
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp Vanilla extract
4 and 3/4 cups sweetened shredded coconut. (14 oz. package)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 325F
Line baking sheets with parchment or silicone baking mats.
In a large bowl using a handheld mixer or stand mixer, mix sugar,vanilla and eggs for 2-3 minutes. The mixture should look a little frothy. Add coconut and mix until coconut is completely coated. 


Use a cookie scoop to make mounds of the mixture. (I scooped up the mixture and used my hand to really compact the mound. You want it to be tight.) Gently release the mound to your prepared pan. I used my fingers to gather any loose pieces at the bottom of the mound. When you get them all down, bake them for 20 minutes. During the last 5 minutes of baking I turned the pan around to insure an even browning. 

Allow them to cool....then munch them up! Visit the site that I got the recipe from. She has more tips and info. Also many ways to fancy up the basic recipe. You can find it here at:

2 comments:

  1. Yum, deliciously mouthwatering... gotta wash the drool off of my computer!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cookies look delicious! I'm still deciding if I want a repeat of the year I made 25 dozen cookies of around a dozen different varieties of cookies. It didn't go all smoothly that year. Fred dog ate his share and six other people's share of the Christmas cookies in one sitting. My fault. I know a dog can't be trusted to guard cookies without his stomach taking over his brain. I went out to deliver cookies and left Fred in the house. Hence the 25 dozen cookies baked that year! I can laugh about it now, but I was so mad at that dog when I came home to empty cookie bags and a dog with a belly ache! Perhaps I'll just sit out the cookie making game this year! LOL Your cookies really do look yummy!

    ReplyDelete