Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Art Lulls

...Muse! Where are you?...


   Gee, it's been a while since I have posted anything. I'm having a bad case of artist block. This is the longest lull that I have been through. Hopefully something will smack it outta me! LOL! It hasn't made it easy to get anything done in my sketchbook. It was suppose to be a daily...or at least some what daily sketchbook. It's probably been a week or more since anything has been added! I'm not giving up on it though. I am determined to fill it. Here is one of the last things that I done in it...


I did a face too...which I'm not really good at. I can't decide whether or not if I like it. Here's a snippet of that...


So, what does one do when they can't figure out there art muse? You check out what's new in the neighborhood. Recently a huge Bass Pro Shop store opened up here. I thought that there can't possibly be anything in there that I want. ...but hmmm, I think anyone can find something that they like! Check out the inside of this place! It looks like you're in the woods!


Some of the store made you feel like you were in a log cabin. Lot's of animal trophy's. Eek! Deer heads, Moose...other big animals. :( They also had fish, but I think they were fake. :)


I wish we could have our own individual mailboxes. I would love to have one of these fish!


They even had fish pillows! I know...everything to fill all of my fish fascination! (...and yes, they had a lot of bird thangs too!) Anyways, that's what one does during an art lull. 

4 comments:

  1. First of all.....Bass Pro is cool! The one we go to has a pond out front filled with fish and lined with plants and flowers. There is a big bear at the top of some stairs that creeps me out every time I walk by it. I'm not into the stuffed animals but ,,,?? The MUSE thing...mine deserts me all of the time. I think the only thing that helps is to just start something. Even if it's just doodles, swirly marks, do something and it will help to get the artistic juices flowing again. Go and look at art. Not on line but in a gallery. That always motivates me. Pictures on line can be so flat but real art is not flat, it has texture, movement, flow! Yes that is what you should do, go visit some art galleries. good luck

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! Ours has similar things outside too! I've never been to a Bass Pro Shop until now. I was wondering why everyone was making such a big deal about it, but sheesh, now I see why. :)

      On the muse front...I'm still trying to push art through my hands, but they just aren't pleasing to me at the moment. ...you are the second person to suggest going to an art museum/gallery. I'll have to see if my son would like to go.Thanks again for the suggestion. :)

      Delete
  2. I finally made it to YOUR blog! Geez you are a fabulous artist. I totally understand the muse thing. Mine's name is Shirley and she's left me from time to time. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah! Glad ya made it here! Hopefully Shirley is arm and arm with you in Thailand .:)

      Delete