Sunday, October 4, 2015

Waning Art Funk

...my muse is slowly returning...


   In my last post I was pretty much belly aching about, how my muse was no where to be found. It seems that she's finally making small appearances. First it happened with a tag swap that I joined. The rules of the swap was that there had to be a bird, a fish and something furry. I did a fourth tag, which was the customary gift to the host of the swap. Here's what I made...


My favorite is the one with the bird that has a number three on it. However, it seems more peeps liked the fish and the bunny. It's funny how I will think one thing will be favored over the others, but my guess is usually wrong! LOL! It just goes to show that art really is in the eye of the beholder. 

So, next up are Two Sleeve Art Dolls. Their name comes from the fact that it takes to baseball card sleeves to cover them. It's just to protect them on route to the peeps you are trading with. I wish that I had taken pictures as I went along with my drawing, but I didn't want to stop. Here's one completed doll and another just being started. 


I got to see the blood moon eclipse. Did you see it? Anyways, thought I'd do up a doll to mark the event. 

I had every intention of showing you the progression of the second doll...but this is as far as I got...


Usually I try to make my paper dolls look pretty. However, it's sometimes fun to go outside of your norm. The monster below is inspired by Don Kenn and Edward Gorey. Some of you might be familiar with Edward Gorey's work. He illustrated the opening for the show "Mystery," on PBS. 


A lot of my work will include song lyrics or found poetry. For this monster I added the lyrics from TLC's, "Unpretty."

Below, is the whole gang...


The last one is my favorite...but let me guess. It's not yours. :) 

4 comments:

  1. Wowzi! I think it is good for you to have an artist block and then you rise like phenix! I love the bunny and the second doll :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I love them all! My fav tag are the both birds! And you know I love all of the art dolls..... I'd say your MUSE is back in full force. She just needed a little recharging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your style .the tags are great.

    ReplyDelete