Sunday, September 6, 2015

A Foodie Kind Of Day

...another mini adventure...


   A mini adventure, or what my family likes to call, "Adventure Time." It's what we do, with these simple rules. Go as far as you can on one tank of gas. Drop yourself in an area that's unfamiliar to you and see what you find. Cheap lunch is a must! Pictures, pft! No brainer, take lotsa pics! Usually it's my three son's and I that go on these adventures. However, my hubby is home for a break from work. (Military) So, he took me and our two youngest kiddo's to Palo Alto and Half Moon Bay CA
   The hubster had us breaking some rules! Lunch wasn't cheap, but are we complaining? Nope! We ate at Belcampo Meat Co. in Palo Alto.


 It's a butcher shop that also sells some cooked items. Jonah and I had the Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich. Jeryn and the hubster had Meatball Subs. We all shared a mess of frites and downed some bottled Cola. (Well worth the rule breaking.)


Here's my fistful...


...so...we're sitting outside...and while we are eating, we spy a sweet shop. Ugh! Must we? Yes of course we must! We wander into Tout Sweet Patisserie. 


At this point I haven't even tasted anything, but the eye candy alone is delicious. The shop is sparkling white, with pops of intense colors. Yum!


The store keeper, which now I guess I shoulda asked her name, was so kind. I asked if she minded me taking a bunch of pictures. She smiled and said click away! We made a small purchase, but dang you could spend a small fortune on these sweets. I can understand why though, their goods are time consuming styled sweetness


*Sigh...look at those lil beauties!

After our foodie obsessed session, we drove over to Fitzgerald Marine Reserve near Half Moon Bay.


We were a little bummed...it was high tide. I was thinking of all of the things I might find in the tidal pools, but hmmm...a little tough to do when they are underwater! LOL! 


No creatures, but I did spy some stacked rocks. What does it mean? Who know's what it meant to the first person that started it. Some think it's to symbolize patience and balance in life. Another theory is that, it's a prayer. In other cultures, it's a trail marker or cache. All in all, it was a grand mini adventure. :)

4 comments:

  1. That sweetshop looks like it was really worth the visit...

    ReplyDelete
  2. They say rules are made to be broken... sounds like a lovely day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The stacked rocks are called cairns and are generally used as trail markers, but some people just stack rocks just because they feel like it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I think you're right. Most just do it 'cause...well just because. It is pretty neat when you get a whole area done up with stacked rocks. :)

      Delete