Thursday, June 25, 2015

The Waffle Window!

...food weirdness in Portland Oregon...


   For those of you that know me, my trips involve FOOD! If I can get something unusual, the better. ...So waffles...not so unusual, but The Waffle Window in Portland makes a fabulous variety of Waffles. Check out the pic below. It's a window in the wall. Not a drive thru...just walk up to it. 


Picture by Joshua Fetalvero

To the right of the pic, there is a parking lot. They have a covered picnic area where you can chow down. 

First we had savory Waffles...


I had the 3 B's...Brie, Bacon & Basil



It came with apple jelly. The sweet and savory combo was delightful! We also shared some dessert themed Waffles...


Mmm, Blueberry Cheesecake...


Nutella & Banana



The Hawthorne District has many interesting boutiques, vintage stores, eateries...etc. But you can also find things on the street...if you've got an eye for it. Below are some pics my son Josh took...


Someone took the time to write, "Fairies Exist."





Beauty in graffiti...yeah, I think so...


News stand



Portland has a lot of little spots of "sticker bombing." Usually mixed in with graffiti. Some might think it's trash...but I dunno...I kind of like it. 

2 comments:

  1. I love the idea of the sticker bombing combined with graffiti. So urban without defacing someone's property.

    ReplyDelete