Saturday, June 27, 2015

A Visit to El & Em

...where I've been & what I've hauled...


    I have some more babbering to do about my recent trip to Washington State. Pull up a chair if ya want to hear about it. :) 
...I was staying in the small town of Battle Ground. (Where no battle took place, I have read! LOL!) Anyhoot, at their city center...their main street so to speak, are an abundance of vintage stores. My favorite store, is a new one called, "El & Em." 



They have vintage things, but what I like about them, is that they have craft things mixed in. If you were a mix media or paper fanatic, you'd love this store. They even had a room in back where they hold classes for a diverse range of crafts. Wish I had know that sooner...I would have attended one. ...Here's a look inside the store...


Check out the ladder on the ceiling...what a great, unexpected way to display....anything. 




Some of you might recall a hardware organizer, that I was talking about. The one from Harbor Freight...it's in this store. The black 4 level deal-io in the bottom right of pic. They had all kinds of charms, for sale, in it. 


Since this is a haul post too...I bought two things from this store. One is a sewing desk drawer. I love the drawer pull on it and the detail along the side. It fits 4x6 cards perfectly....hmmm...






I also got a little cloche with a pic in it. I have a thing for cloches! You can see the one that I've had for a while. It holds the award ribbons I made. I also got a new smaller version from Goodwill. Oh, and I bought that brass bell there too! Both for the whopping price of 99 cents each. :)


I found another of these little glass boxes at Goodwill. I have a growing collection of them. Right next to them I got those little ceramic birds. :)


Are ya still with me? Okay last haul share. A couple of years ago, I bought the 3 clay masks that are at the bottom of the pic. I love their whimsical faces! When I got home I thought, "Gee, I shoulda bought more." They were $6 a piece. Got them at an art shop in Cannon Beach, Oregon.  I found the same shop selling these masks, ...but there was only a small few to choose from. I told the shopkeeper that I wanted to add to my collection...bummer that there wasn't more masks. He told me that the artist has gotten ill and will no longer be making these fun little masks. :( I'm grateful to have these little works...I wish I had gotten more info on the artist. 


Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this post. I know it's a bit long winded, but hopefully the abundance of pics make it more enjoyable. TTFN!

3 comments:

  1. Loved going along on your adventures! That store looks really cool!
    Your little mask/faces are just too sweet! I too wish you would have gotten more. It's too bad the artist won't be making more.
    Thanks for sharing, Mel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of great finds... I especially love those clay faces!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great shop! Fabulous finds.

    ReplyDelete