Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Fungus Mail

     ...grunge it up...


    On my last post I shared some of the mail that I sent out. Here's the break down, or the build up, of one of the pieces. I call it Fungus Mail. :) 


There's the front...
...here's the back...


I used my personal wax seal, that I bought on Ebay years ago. It just so happened to have my initials on it.


I use a gold stamp pad first before plopping the seal down. It helps to defines the design.


To start I used a kraft paper envelope. I then took apart a vintage envelope, that I got at the flea market. I glued it down with matte gel medium. Did a quick sketch of my fungus. Lined the drawing with a Micron pen and colored it with Inktense watercolor pencils. I then added some Asian paper, gifted to me by a friend. 


I activated the Inktense pencil with a brush loaded with water. Three colors were used there. Two different reds and a yellow. To grunge up the envelope, I used water soluble wax pastels around the mushroom. Again, with a water loaded brush, I did small circles and pulled the color outward. I rubbed some more pastel around the perimeter of the envelope and activated that, too, with water. That set up my base. Everything else was added a little at a time...just whatever came to me...:)





4 comments:

  1. I like that you showed us how this envie came about. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's really cool! I'd be afraid to open the envelope and ruin it! But it sure would be fun to receive mail decorated like this :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are great in your art! It blows me away every time!
    The fungus mail so cool!

    ReplyDelete