Thursday, November 6, 2014

Somethings...

...from the 5 things...


    I've finally got something made for my 5 Things challenge. To recap, My arty friend Sandy and I, have sent each other 5 things that we don't use from our art stash. The challenge is to make something from the things that we were sent. We could make one thing with all the elements or a bunch of things using all or some of the elements. I've decided to make two projects. One is a small project, which is what I will share today. The other project will be a little more tedious. It'll take me some more time to get that one out. Anyhoot, here is my small project.....winner's ribbons...


...at least I think that's what they are called!...you've seen them before...They are the kind of ribbons that you see people, mostly at fairs, win for a pie, or an animal and such. Except mine are altered ribbons. :)


Here is a close up of the first one that I made. Among the five things that I was given was construction site stickers and ribbon. If you look around the rosette, you will see traffic cones! Those are part of the construction chipboard stickers. The ribbon that I was given....it's the red and white lacy bit. :)


Here's a close up of the bottom half. Yes, it's for a Diva! ....and Diva's can be a little scary! So, I added some more of the construction stickers...."Caution & !!!!." Oh, I also dropped a dot of hot glue on accident. I knew that I wouldn't get it off with out tearing the paper, so I added more. One last element of the construction stickers went under the red ribbon. I lifted it up so that you can see the barrier sticker that I placed there. When it's down, it makes the gray part look like another kind of ribbon. 


Here is the second one that I made. "Proper Lady." In this one you can see the grunge board circle with the butterfly on it. In fact all of the ribbons have the grunge board circle that I was given as part of my challenge. The red ribbon, it's still there. Take a closer look.....I bleached it. :) Now it's the white lacy ribbon that you see above. ....Yep, another construction barrier sticker graces this project. 


Here is the last and smallest ribbon that I made. It's using more of the bleached ribbon. The yellow part that you see hanging down is the packaging that the construction stickers came in. Out of all of them, this one is my favorite. :)

If you want to see the 5 things in there original state, hit this link to my earlier post. 5 Things Challenge.





6 comments:

  1. Freaking awesome! Makes me want to bake a pie or parade my prize cow in front of your house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha ha, I'd like to see your prized cow! Tee hee! ...oh and of course eat the pie!

      Delete
  2. Wow, these are great. I love how you used the stickers. I'm working on mine I have a plan going for one large project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kewl! I can't wait to see what you come up with. ...I thought the stickers would be the most difficult thing to work with....;)

      Delete
  3. Wow!!!! These are really great! This is fun to see what each of you are doing with the others stuff. Awesome with the hot glue drops!!!! I do love the winners ribbons as each one is a winner itself!!!!! hugs, Patty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you rose! ...the glue drops....when I dropped the first one by mistake....I let let out a loud, "Oh no!" LOL! So, I had to do the, "don't try to beat, just join 'em" approach. :)

      Delete