Saturday, April 18, 2015

Orange Pocket Letter

...what rhymes with Orange...


    I've just completed my fourth Pocket Letter. This one is for my arty friend Sandra. Idolores is her AFA handle. These letters take me forever to make. For the most part, it's because I do up one side with my own art. The other side with mostly commercial bits. I have to say though, even putting together scrapbook papers, is not as ease as one may think. Some peeps just have an eye for it. 


I don't know about you guys, but just finding a subject to start with is difficult! I was browsing Pinterest, when I found a sketch of oranges that I liked. Using the sketch as a model, I did up my own. Lined it in fine tip Sharpie and started to watercolor the palest orange that I had.


I went over the Oranges several time with different hues of Orange. The darkest of the hues where placed where shadows should show up. With two different Copic markers, I added stipples to the skins. To finish them off, I took a pale purple to add the final shadow work. Oh and some stippling with a white marker for the shine. 


I don't like too much open spaces in the works that I do. To remedy that, I often times add quotes or poetry. I thought the poem above was a cheery addition. The author of it obviously frustrated that he can't find anything that rhymes with Orange! :)

Here is the back side...I folded up the letter Origami style. The scrapbook paper makes a handsome background. :) I like that it makes everything uniform. 


I also added homemade Washi tape. To make it, I used Origami paper and my Xyron sticker maker.


I have this small one, but Xyron does make bigger sticker makers. 

Anyhoot, here are the front and backs of a couple of other PL's that I did.


Front (done with oil pastels)

Below is the back to this letter....


Here's the front of another letter...



The below pic is done with acrylic paint and a stencil...





4 comments:

  1. Love your pocket letters :)
    Hugs
    Chilibibi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous oranges for your pocket letter. What a sweet treat for Sandra!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great! I figured they take a lot of time, that's why I haven't joined any swaps with them! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know where you find the time to create all this wonderful art. I would never have the patience to make a pocket letter. I love yours, though:) L

    ReplyDelete