Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Pocket Letter!

...It's a new thang...


   So, there's this new thing going on. It's called a Pocket Letter. It's a new way to send a letter to your pen pal. It was created by Janet Lane and seems to have exploded on to the crafter's scene.  Check out her website to see how it all got started. I was introduced to this by my arty friend Sara Pirc. Thanks Sara! 

   A pocket letter is constructed with the use of a 9 pocket baseball card page holder. Some of the basic things to include is an About Me pocket, A letter, Tea, Stickers, Washi Tape, Quotes...etc. I think that's cool, but I like to sketch and receive sketched work too. When I did mine, I did an art side and a commercial side. (The backside) Here's what I did...

   My pal Voula Vitzilaiou and I share a birthday month....hence the birthday theme I've got going on. :)


When I did my sketches, I kept the paper whole while painting. It started off as three strips of paper going across. I did, however, try to consider the transitions going length wise as well. I made the colors go from warm to cool. Then each strip was cut to fit the pockets. 


A birthday quote I found on Pinterest. :)


Here's the backside. I used all of my commercial stuff and that's fun too! There's a pocket with a few stickers, a Washi tape sampler and my mom's favorite Jasmine tea. When it's steeped, I love the smell. On Voula's profile wish list she asked for US postage for swaps. I add a few for her.


I came across some of my Smashbook tags. I thought this one would be fun to include. It's all the things I can be caught saying on AFA posts. :)

Last but not least I added a Fortune Fish...it...well...tell's your fortune. :P It doesn't fit in the pockets so I just added it between the folds...


Yep, this thing can fold up and be shipped in a standard business envelope. This one is going to Greece. 







9 comments:

  1. Super fun! I love both sides. For those who don't draw their own designs, this would be a fun way to share small items for collage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. FAB JOB... I also prefer your artsy stuff the best but a few other things can really add to the fun!! She's gonna love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome awesomeness. Now that is what a pocket letter should look like!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful. Ha, never thought of going across or length wise! Great idea! I can not wait for my pockets to come, they should come next week. And you are welcome, my darling. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks awesome! I'm sure she will love all the little surprises and beautiful paintings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful! This looks like so much fun! Your pocket letter is absolutely fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I Love this Mel, so much goodness in one envie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So much fun!! What a great idea! That would be such a pleasure to get in the mail!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super neat I have been viewing so many youtubers doing this I might just try doing some! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete