Wednesday, December 17, 2014

December Mail Art

...hope they like 'em...


   Just wanted to share with you three pieces of mail art that I have done for this month. I woulda done up a tut, but I forgot to stop and take pictures! It happens sometimes. Anyhoot, all of these went to players on ATC's For All. The first one I did is for Megan457.


I believe this is my first try at apples. I can't remember ever drawing them. My favorite apple is the one in the middle. I think that one came out the most realistic. I used color pencils and water soluble wax pastels. The address was written with a recollections pen. 

This second piece was done for Angelmuz.  She loves fairy tale themes. I have to admit, I cheated a little on this one. I took a vintage book page from the Wizard Of Oz and used it as my focal point. I did the flowers myself. I used color pencils, water soluble wax pastels and my Pentel Color Brush.


Last but not least is this water color that I did for Neener. It's a mug of coffee. The fact that I feel like I have to explain what it is, makes me think I could have done a better job! Hopefully, I can improve on it. I saw the idea on Pinterest and just had to give it a try. 








5 comments:

  1. I love 'em all, Mel!! I knew that was a cup of coffee right from the git go. Love your work, girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great. I knew it is a cup of coffee too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your wonderful style shines through even when you're trying something new... just fab!!
    ( I chose to see "Hot Chocolate"... can't stand the smell of coffee! ) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your apples! They look great! And I too knew that was coffee before you explained it. Great art all around in this post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the comps ladies! Glad that you could tell that it was coffee....or hot cocoa....ha!

    ReplyDelete