Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Rolodex

...a flip through...


    A lot of crafter's are in the know about Rolodex art, but if you are not, COOL! Lemme get my hands on you! Rolodex cards, or as most call them, "Rolo's," are just another small piece of art that is perfect for trading. What makes them a little more fun to trade are, their nifty holders. They're more easily displayed than a binder. :) There are a few different sizes that you can get, but the most popular seem to be the business card size (2.25 x 4.25 inches) and the 3 x 5 inch size. 

   I have three Rolodex's....so embarrassing! I didn't mean to get so many, but it just happened! I wanted the typical round Rolodex, but just couldn't find one. Sure, they have them at the office supply stores, but they cost about $40 bucks, sometimes more! So, I went snooping around Ebay. To my amazement, there were several types of Rolodex's out there....and some pretty kewl vintage ones. I ended up getting a vintage Rolodex called a V-File for $15 dollars. Here it is below...


I liked the fan shape of this Rolodex and the vintage metal tag on the side. This particular model has a lever that will kick up one side of the Rolodex for an easier flip through. The sides can also be moved up or down. Little handles, are at the sides so that you can lift it away. I use this one for storing addresses and trades. For peeps that I do a lot of trades with the first card is their address and the following cards have their art. :) 


Here are some of my cards. The top left is by Tandy, top right by Neener, bottom left by me and when there is no trading going on.....I like to add anything that catches my eye! Hence the candy bar wrapper! I also have some cut outs from Christmas cards...better than throwing something beautiful away! 


Next, I found this vintage Zephyr Rolodex. The sides don't move on this one, but it does have a little kick stand like my first one. I haven't made any plans on how I was going to use this one yet, so it just holds some blanks. I bought this one on Ebay as well. ($13 bucks)

    So, after all that searching, I found the one I was originally trying to get. I found it when I gave up looking for it! (Isn't that how it usually works?) I found the roundy one at Goodwill! I paid $3 dollars! 


My plan for this particular Rolo will be to store my favorite quotes and poems. I often add them to art....and get annoyed with myself when I want to reuse some of them. I end up looking for them on line all over again. Doing it this way, will ensure that they are at my finger tips. :) 










No comments:

Post a Comment