Monday, September 15, 2014

Weirdy Mail!

....mmm mail.....

   We had a bit of fun this month on Envie Addicts Unite...we decided to celebrate our second birthday with some weirdy mail. I tried out a thang that I saw on The Giver's Log.  Among some of the objects shown to mail, was a bottle of candy sprinkles and M&M mini's container. I chose to use the king sized M&M container. I emptied out the container and placed the M&M's "somewhere." :D

    Next, I took an air mail envelope, sealed it and wrapped it around the container. Then, I just shaped the envelope to the container....that way I can see where everything should be written and stamped. I added the address, a sticker and my mail art stamp. Re-wrapped the envelope, this time with glue, around the container. I used office clips to hold it together while it dried. ...To further strengthen the envelope, I completely covered it with clear mailing tape.....and of course added tons of postage....

Here's the front.....




The back....




The mail that I was sending was for someone that was celebrating a birthday. So I included a Washi tape banner. It was actually harder, than I thought it would be, to make! Maybe not for you....I just have fumbly fingers! However, I took a length of baker's twine and looped  pieces of Washi tape on to it. To give it the "flag look," I clipped the bottoms with a scissors....and stenciled in the phrase, "Happy Birthday." (Sorry, the picture below is temporarily unavailable.)


I had a bit more room in the tube...so hmmm, what to add? How's about some wishes to go with that banner? I took a tiny corked bottle....smaller than my pinkie and added some origami stars





The person I sent it to thought it was M&M's and hadn't opened the tube until we chatted on-line! Was kinda fun to have the surprise unfold in front of me. :)

4 comments:

  1. Loved your idea... her reaction on the thread was fun!!
    I wanted to do something fun but my post master wouldn't commit to actually allowing it so I opted to go "normal'...oh well!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't ask my postal person....I just dropped it in the drop box at the post office......(I know.....the cowardly way!)

      Delete
  2. You are a very clever girl, Mel! I love this idea! I especially love the tiny vial full of paper stars! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that idea!

    ReplyDelete